I read somewhere that you can read English even if the letters in each word are mixed up as long as the first and last letters are in the correct position. Try it! Read my scrambled blog. Sample:
I raed swreemohe that you can raed Eignlsh eevn if the ltetres in each word are mexid up as long as the frsit and last lertets are in the crrcoet pooisitn. Try it! Raed my smrblaced blog.My blog software, Blosxom, is so hackable that it is straightforward to add a plugin to do this. Plugins even chain nicely, like this scrambled search for Perl.
The code is quite a hack, using Perl Inline to let me write the actual text processing in Python like Rael's demo. There is one neat trick: Inline->bind() lets me defer the import of Python until it's actually needed, meaning there's no efficiency cost if the Python code isn't invoked.
Update: thanks to Misha for fixing my mistake and pointing me to jwz's blog entry.
I've updated my clicktrack plugin to version 20030524. The plugin now doesn't URL escape the destination; makes it less obnoxious to copy and edit the URL.
Boy I hate Perl. Why do I have to type ;, $, and @? Ugh. Python rulez!!1@!
Yet another Blosxom plugin, ASIN. This one lets you write links in your entries like
<a href="asin:B000003RGY">current music</a>The asin plugin will turn it into the appropriate Amazon link.
I was prompted to write this by Kottke's post about a change Amazon made to URL formats. Used to be you could go to Amazon, copy the URL for a page, paste it into your blog and slap on your associate ID and you'd get the credit. No more, now you have to construct the URLs very carefully. This plugin makes it simpler.
I hope I got the URL format right. I'm sticking in the undocumented ref=nosim - I think it's obnoxious that Amazon defaults my links to 'buy more crap'.
I've released a new Blosxom plugin, clicktrack. It rewrites URLs in your stories to go through a 302 redirect script so you can log clicks on your blog that go offsite. Yes, I'm running this on my own blog.
There's also a new version of the imagesizer plugin to automatically add size tags to your story's images. Thanks to Todd for the Perl-fu to do this more cleanly.
Finally, I now have a place for all my Blosxom plugins. Apache stylin!
Todd was kind enough to patch my imagesizer Blosxom plugin so that it now handles stories with multiple images. If you're using it, try the update.
file is a Blosxom plugin that makes it easier to include dynamic content in your Blosxom blog. File loads the contents of files into variables. You can then use these variables in your Blosxom flavour templates. For example, the head.html for the sidebar on the left refers to a variable $file::quicktopic; the file quicktopic is rewritten every 15 minutes by a cron job to include the latest QuickTopic messages for my blog.
I hate having to specify the size of an image by hand in my HTML. Now I don't. imagesizer is a Blosxom plugin that will add width and height tags to your story images. It still has bugs, read the comments.
Perl gives me a rash.