I've added a new feature, my linkblog
. It contains a bunch of links
to stuff I accumulate. It's over there on the left,
in the sidebar. It's also available as a very spartan
blog of its own
useful for RSS
. Here are the pieces:
- Python CGI that creates a bookmarklet and accepts input from it.
- The weblog engine for the linkblog
- Blosxom plugin for my linkblog to read entries from the
single file that linkblog.py writes out
- Blosxom plugin for my main blog that includes the output of the
linknote-driven blog (see below)
- include flavour
- Blosxom flavour that prints out data with no Content-Type; the
main blog calls this in linkblog
- lastmodified plugin
- Hacked up version of the lastmodified plugin
It's handy for the linkblog to itself be Blosxom; that way you get
RSS, plugins, archives, etc for free.
dynamic inclusion may not be worth the trouble;
I could have made it a static
blog and included it as a file, or I could have used an iframe.
It works but it's fragile. Particularly concerning
the interaction with the lastmodified plugin.
I'm no longer using
the linkblog plugin in my main blog. Now linkblog.py generates a file
in my main blog.
Simpler and faster this way.