I've been so upset about the Bush administration's war policy towards
Iraq that I thought I should put my stake in the ground, state my
fears, then re-examine them
one, two, three years from now.
- The war will end swiftly, with 1000:1 Iraqi to US casualties
- The first few months of victory will be a proud time for the US,
evidence of Hussein's brutality and thankful Iraqis.
- Bush will be reelected.
- After a year or so the other Arab nations will express great discomfort
with continued US occupation of Iraq.
- Arab pressure will make the current Israel situation untenable.
- Within three years the majority of Iraqis will hate the US